Monday 11 February 2019

Twenty-two

I give thanks I've ordered something nice to be delivered on my birthday. A cake? Flowers perhaps? Luxury bathing products? No, a wardrobe, small armchair and a pretty but practical little shelf...all from the hospice shop so with change from £100 to put towards the delivery charge. I was delighted to find these bargains but a wardrobe in my bedroom means my merchant's chest will live in the living room again and I'll need something narrower and taller with drawers. I give thanks for walking through the pain barrier several times in a lengthy quest looking at old and new options. One shop had something OK ish but it was fifty plus thirty delivery and I didn't like it that much! Finally, in the last place I could think of trying I found a set of two OK ish three drawer bedside chests stacked firmly one on the other for the princely sum of ten pounds the two, and they are small enough for Julie to put them in her car. I give thanks she's said she will too! And that wardrobe and drawers can all squeeze in the spare room for a bit of a makeover before going in my bedroom. I forsee a binge on Frenchic paint...and some very crampy hands!

I give thanks for watching a man wade out to the swan island with a bag of straw this morning, which they quickly started gracefully bending their necks to arrange and is now a neat nest dome. For fields full of lambs and the quality of the light during the day and sunset colours at sundown.For meeting my health food sharing friend at the bus stop so I had company on the first leg of my journey, and the helpful ladies at the library where I went to print off proof of this and that to take to the council offices to try and claim council tax help. They stopped it because I had an excess of 'savings' ie the money for the lease extension waiting for solicitors to stop mucking about. Not got much now that's for sure!

I give thanks I have leftovers for tea - I'm bushed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics