Saturday 16 February 2019

Twenty-seven

I give thanks though a few people are due to pass through over the next few days none will be expecting anything much in the way of catering, as catering facilities are still somewhat a work in progress...with crockery, pans and utensils still scattered about the rest of the flat. I'm happy with the work so far though, especially the removal of the horrid old hob, oven and extractor with attached manky cupboards. It feels wonderful to have those gone...and I give thanks for preparing a simple meal on/in my own cooker last night for the first time since early December. Oh what joy!

I thought I was having a BT engineer here today but it turned out I'm not, he might come on Monday... but he might just go to the cabinet. I don't care where he goes, I just really would like my phone line fixed after all the ifs and buts and confusion. I'm not going to go into a rant about the company or its employees though as, if they hadn't sacked me for being terminally ill and I hadn't lived to tell the tale I wouldn't be living here now.

After a busy week I give thanks for a quiet day anyway. Though they're mostly positive changes now all this moving business is still very tiring especially when you're not very well and extra chores are extra exhausting. I give thanks for ticking off points on a very short to do list, including preparing one of the little chests of drawers for preparing (adjusting its position, tightening a loose screw and giving it a wash down) and popping out for milk and cash. For finding a scary looking fat letter was actually the Council long windedly awarding me 'support' again. Woohoo! Just want the other guys to stop punishing me for selling one flat to buy another now...

I give thanks for checking the TV schedules so I know what I'm missing - The Great British Sewing Bee and the start of a new series of Trapped. I'm going to have to get this aerial sorted when I've some more cash to spare again, but I want the draughty windows done even more. I give thanks for snuggly throws and snoozes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics