Tuesday 26 February 2019

Thirty-seven

These are the things I remember producing grateful feelings (and sometimes sounds!) over the last twenty-four hours...

My bed
My electric blanket
My stoma bag staying on
My cooker
A bowl of creamy porridge with cinnamon and demerara on top
The view from my living room window
The sparkle of the sea
My shower
Getting dressed without too many fumbles and pain
Finishing vacuuming the living room floor after three days trying
The unseasonably mild spring sunshine
A sheltered spot on the beach for a picnic lunch with Mima
For more lovely food!
For living in such a beautiful part of the country
For the friendliness and helpfulness of people in shops
For not being on dialysis
For reading a transcript of a debate in Parliament about fibromylgia and acknowledging, probably for the first time, the horrors of the illness and the embarrassment I feel at suffering something invisible and complicated and so little understood. I'm ashamed of how feeble I am sometimes, and yet I feel apologetic and a fraud when I don't, or I manage anyway.
For a nap when I got home...after appreciating that nice clean carpet and tidy living corner.
For promising myself, if they ever give me my disability premium back, that I will have a cleaner come once in a while

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics