Sunday 10 February 2019

Twenty-one

I give thanks for Netflix and chill. Haha no, I give thanks for finally, at the ripe old age of nearly sixty one, signing up for my free first month's trial of this media services provider... and for the first time in many months having a deliciously chilled (but cosy) Sunday!

Last time I saw the renal consultant she told me something I'd not realised before - stress is actually bad for your kidneys, not just in a general stress damaging way but specifically extra damaging to those whose kidneys are already not well. She wasn't at all surprised that during the many difficulties and uncertainties I struggled with, I struggled with feeling really ill as well. I give great thanks I kept having things I simply had to do before I could give in and phone the hospital, so that somehow I never did...and somehow I survived. I give thanks I've been feeling a whole lot better now a whole load of things are better. And I give thanks that so far, three weeks on, I'm still so loved up about living here, pottering about the place feeling blissy and blessed, like a newly wed but without the hassle of a husband!

The pottering has been quite minimal the last twenty four hours, but I give thanks for feeling relaxed enough not to care. Besides I like to get my money's worth even when it's free, so I've been immersed in the second series of The Sinner - which I'm trying to ration as it's so good so I have had to watch other stuff to stop me! For making pancakes and a version of dhal without my usual ingredients as there's no point in unpacking all the kitchen stuff when it will have to be taken out of there on Thursday. For unpacking some books instead and putting them on the newly polished shelves. How much more homely the place seems with books...and how many I seem to have!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics