Monday 4 February 2019

Fifteen

Yay, I give thanks I fixed my laptop's network adapter last night. Go me! I give thanks the night before I made an extra large and rather tasty crumble so I could munch my way through a couple of generous servings while watching Dancing on Ice. I give thanks the woman who bought the freezer said it was working fine. Phew, thank goodness! I only had the word of the people who sold me the flat that is was functional, and they were the same people who said they'd get rid of it and didn't!

I give thanks for having a coughing fit when I rang off to try to cry off my dental appointment this morning so that I didn't have to give any excuse, the receptionist just said 'I hope you feel better soon.' The main reason for cancelling was that because they've stopped my means tested benefits I'd have to pay, and as I only now have a very small income and far less in the bank than they think I have, I'd really rather not. I also needed to go up the hill to the doctor's surgery to see if I could persuade them to start giving me pills and pick up some electrical cable (not from the doctor's) but much of the top of town was cordoned off due to a major gas leak so those ideas fell by the wayside too...

I give thanks my shopping trip with Julie went ahead and we had a good afternoon mooching round various stores including the fabulous Hospice outlet, B&M where neither of us had ever been and for me, finally...after what? fifteen years of waiting?...a visit to IKEA. Well...I feel like a proper grown up now! A spare room and glass goblets from from our favourite Swedish store...whatever next? I know,.a treatment from Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics