Saturday 23 February 2019

Thirty-four

I give thanks I gobbled my late afternoon chip shop fish yesterday because it gave me a bad case of indigestion and thus I didn't need to eat again for some time...so I didn't realise the cooker wasn't working until it was too late to really care.

I give thanks for still finding three TV channels quite entertaining, especially as there's quite a bit of catch up to do. And for the internet for providing that - on lots of other channels! I give thanks for live music and I'm glad there's a popular pub for it in town here. Maybe I'll go some time, but in the meantime I give thanks for earplugs when I'm not in the mood!

I give thanks for finally getting a response from kitchen man, not that he's in any hurry to see what's wrong, so the morning I thought would be spent with my nose in a book was spent with my whole torso in the kitchen cupboards making them as clean as can be before I transfer my stuff from boxes in the spare room and piles on the living room floor while trying to get clever with the microwave and slow cooker. I give thanks for finally making a passable snack...and that I don't have to drink tea as the milk had gone off also!  I give thanks it was the 2nd Death Cafe this afternoon so soon I could have a cuppa and some yummy cake...plus a nice sit down as well.  I've been in a lot of pain the last couple of days, and so busy with so many things, that was quite a treat in itself.

I give thanks for planning a little treat with Jan in a few weeks too. For planning a long bath with a book for in a little while...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics