Tuesday 5 February 2019

Sixteen

I give thanks for the days when I could do-it-myself, or knew handy men to help instead of paying what seem to me to be rather large amounts of money for not really that much work at all. Today, this included having light bulbs changed and lampshades put up because my ceilings are so tall and I didn't get cable yesterday to pay to have the pendants made longer!

I give thanks I thought the entryphone chaps could fix my kit, but it turned out they couldn't, and of course I had to pay to find out that. And I give thanks I thought I could fix my laptop when it went wrong again, but this time it turned out I couldn't...though at least finding that out was free...

I give thanks for the luxury of an acupuncture treatment in the comfort of my own home last night. It is harder for Rachel to get here now, so the effort was very much appreciated...and it was lovely to see her and to show off my new abode. It meant I started the day feeling mellow anyhow, and I gave thanks for a restful lie in.

I give thanks after the expensive men had gone I took out my frustrations on my little old dining room table. I'd hoped the handy one might find a way to strengthen the wonky leg, but finding parking took too long! As it had been taken apart for moving I thought I'd have a go at putting it back together and wedging it against the wall to stop the wobble, as I'd been doing for years...and, not concentrating, I managed to put all the legs on wrong and had to start again. I give thanks that somehow during re-attaching them I managed to straighten the crooked bolt (causing the loose nut and the wobble) and, apart from the fact I can't do it up super tight, the table is now up and reasonably stable. And, apart from sore hands, that was free too!

Oh and I forgot to say how delighted I was to have my first glimpse of snowdrops by the roadside yesterday. I love snowdrops!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics