Wednesday 20 February 2019

Thirty-one

I give thanks though I thought I was too exhausted to cook last night, some chopped ginger root and smoked garlic added to preprepared stir-fry and Quorn made a tasty tea. Bit of black pepper, squirt of lemon juice...delish! Oh my goodness I missed my cooker... it's so good to have it back!

I give thanks for surviving another early start...and that preparing for the window menders due around 8.30 meant I was ready to do battle with BT as soon as the billing lines opened at 8.00. Yes, they've finally got my line working but they wanted to charge me from the day the first engineer didn't turn up! I give thanks they've been persuaded not to.

I give thanks the although the fitters were initially sent with the wrong hinges their company is based nearby and they were able to whizz back and get the right ones. And I'm very grateful it's cosier and quieter now.

I give thanks for a lot of kitchen scrubbing this morning and a nice long loll afterwards. There's so much needs cleaning, sewing, painting etc I thought I'd go to Lidl to rest my poor sore hands. I give thanks road works delays and diversions made this a much longer sit down than I'd bargained for but I got all manner of staples and treats in between. Sadly I thought I ought to do a bit more work on the wardrobe when I got back and even though I tried to share the load with my left my right hand has gone into extremely painful spasm now and just has to lie still so it's taken forever to type this. Never mind, it will be good practice for dialysis... or an incentive to stay away from it a little longer..

I give thanks for the way, if you watch enough Scandinavian TV series and films you see the same actors popping up in different scripts and countries...even if you still can't pronounce their names!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics