Tuesday 19 February 2019

Thirty

I give thanks for a dab more furniture painting before sundown last night. You'd laugh if you saw how much I can safely do in a session if I'm not to lose the use of my arm later... but I'd rather not lose the use of my arm and I do rather like the feeling of being able to still do small home improvements myself.

I give thanks for rustling up a speedy spicy dahl last night. For a long bath and an early night to make up for missing that nap though the former would have been more relaxing if I'd speedily washed my hands after the food prep! For managing to be up and dressed at silly o'clock to strip the kitchen of all accessories again ready for more transformation today, and while I was at it to create window access for the fitters coming at silly o'clock tomorrow.

For patches of warm sunshine to sit and fiddle with those curtain extension hems and to snooze a little now and then later. For people watching in the bits when my eyes were open and not occupied with pins and needles and thread. I have a much watched part of the area right outside my lounge window and that's always fascinated me - looking at people looking at things. It's also interesting railway watching - I didn't realise how many goods trains still used this line. And the shipping and the changing moods of the sea. I give thanks for a loaf of light rye bread and a pot of lemon curd. With a limited diet and a lot of practice at gratitude you can get quite excited about different sorts of bread and spread...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics