Saturday 2 February 2019

Thirteen

I give thanks I could have a siesta before my lunch today as two busy days out and about, two nights disturbed by cramps and pain and a hectic morning preparing my on sale items for buyers, chasing them, waiting...sorting out alternative possibilities..and battling once again to establish an account with the electricity provider here left me rather limp and in need of a snooze. I give thanks for eventual partial success in these endeavours - one thing gone, another allegedly going tomorrow, and a customer service advisor speaking good English, with good listening skills and apparent knowledge of the system saying he didn't know why his colleagues had said what they did but would (allegedly) put me down as the new resident here.

I give thanks, though the snow has left the windows filthy dirty, the sun could stream through and keep me cosy on the sofa while I slept. Oh, and I give great thanks for no one walking and talking above my head as well!

Plan A for the rest of the weekend had been to organise the heaps of stored possessions in the spare room a little, especially as they'd got extra messy sorting out the stuff to sell. I give thanks for doing as much as I could, accepting I need help for for some tasks and/or it will take a whole lot longer than I hoped. For stopping often enough and soon enough (I hope) not to suffer too much later on.

I give thanks for the pretty tinted clouds at sunset. For plans to make a crumble with some of my half a bag of flour after sharing it with the nice lady in the health food shop who also mostly cooks for one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics