Monday 25 February 2019

Thirty-six

I give thanks for my sun trap armchair (in the morning) and my suntrap sofa for the afternoons. I was in a lot of discomfort during the night with pain and cramp, bad dreams when I did drop off and the horrible thought that no matter how tired or sore I was in the morning I had to get up and dressed at what I knew would seem an unreasonable hour at the time. So, not feeling very grateful about the present I thought about how much more pleasing the future would be snoozing on either or both as required, which is bad Buddhism but got me through the night!

I give thanks the kitchen man came, fixed the loose wire and brought me a can of beans as I said I'd be living on toast until he did. Cheeky! I give thanks the DPD driver managed to find me. I was standing on the doorstep waving to give him a clue so I have essential surgical supplies in stock again. Trust me that's something to be very grateful for. I give thanks for Jo and Keith collecting empty boxes... I give thanks the stairs are easier here!

I give thanks for trying five times to get through to the podiatry appointments desk to cancel an appointment I don't think I need and which I thought was tomorrow but I had lost the letter and couldn't check. They have a recorded message saying the receptionist is busy and to leave your own message at the tone. But there's no tone, you just get cut off! A bit later they rang me. 'How did you do that?' I wanted to know. 'Do what?' she said 'I'm just ringing to reschedule your appointment tomorrow.' What a bizarre, and very useful, coincidence!

There was a great deal of other stuff on the to do list for today, and I give thanks for looking at the glory of it (the day not the list!) and abandoning a lot of tasks to hobble along the seafront to this. Bliss!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics