Thursday 28 February 2019

Thirty-nine

I give thanks I live alone as I've been in so much pain the last couple of days mostly all I seem to have done is moan and groan and this would be either very irritating or very worrying to a companion depending on the tenderness of their disposition.

I give thanks for being able to do pretty much everything in gradual stages, not that I did a lot! I give thanks for watching the changing light as clouds and sun passed over, the changing colours of the sea.

For hearing heavy rain and not having to panic. For not having to go out anywhere so what energy I had could be channeled into important everyday indoor things - pretty much every item of unpacked crockery needed washing up for a start. And for making a start on relocating various pieces of furniture and possessions according to my master plan - though that has to be done in gentle stages too so currently everything looks extra messy and muddled...

I give thanks for simple tasty things to eat that didn't need too much chopping, stirring or standing...and in between it's mostly been a telly fest. For catching up with an episode of Endeavour so delightfully propped and setted and filmed it could have almost been part of Fargo. Oh the Crimplene and confectionery wrappers! For discovering a new series of Coach Trip started in January and having a binge on that...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics