Sunday 24 February 2019

Thirty-five

I give thanks for waking up and not having to get up for anything...except a cup of tea when I was finally ready to stir.  Heavens what a treat that was!

I give thanks I don't read a paper, as I suspect those who do regularly have their opinions already formed by constant spin and just nod or exclaim on cue. I give thanks I do look at all the front pages most days as it reminds me how many insular world views there are even on our little island. At the Death Cafe yesterday a very bright as a button 88 yr old chap was saying if you want to know what's really going on you should read a foreign paper...but to my mind it's still going to be views not just news. I give thanks for understanding that's just my view however  and that my mind is somewhat alternatively aligned compared to others in our society - including 'alternative' society! Some people go to groups to find folk who think like themselves, but the more I do (which admittedly still isn't much) the more I realise how unlikely this is for me. I'm still grateful for the opportunity to hear and see how I ought to be and behave though if I wanted to 'fit in', it helps me to be more understanding I think, to come closer to acceptance of difference without labelling it right or wrong. Way to go yet, I fear!

I give thanks the sun burned through the low clouds today and for factoring in a few minutes ambling about outside in my busy schedule, trying to find a suitable cake to take to a seat and a few locals to mingle with who weren't clutching e-cigarettes or bottles of booze. For chatting to a nice shopkeeper (not doing either) and encountering these miniature fluffy cuties. Gotta love a duck haven't you?


I give thanks for doing miniature bits more unpacking/sorting out/cleaning/painting etc but also being very busy idling on the sofa for large chunks of the afternoon. I moved for the good of my health, no point in wearing myself out now I've got here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics