Wednesday 6 February 2019

Seventeen

I give thanks for featherlight flatscreen TVs. It would be lovely to get a signal but at least it's not a tremendous effort to lug the set up
 around the various possible aerial outlets searching fruitlessly for one. I give thanks for finally flopping on the sofa with an old recorded Midsomer Murders and the ease of a remote control. Moving home is a wonderful thing, but also a tiring one...and there's been no time for a nap for days!

I give thanks for getting a few hours reasonably restful sleep before muscle cramps and spasms had me tied up in knots and close to tears...and for some rather enjoyable dreams too! For using the wee small morning hours usefully checking out this and that online, including my long awaited BT appointment which I found, to my horror, was not on the afternoon of 13th but on the morning of the 14th. I have no plans for my birthday, other than no plans...no having to do anything, definitely not anything that involves being ready for it at 8 am! So I tried to change my slot, and because last time I tried to do this the engineer turned up for the original one I then rang the company to check I'd done it right - especially when I got a message saying I didn't need an engineer anyway. And apparently I don't. After all that faffing about they've decided they just need to activate the line. I'm grateful for this, I really am... But I could have done without all the hassle over the last couple of months!

Today I gave thanks for lots of rest - even some short snoozes on the interminable bus rides to a different hospital from usual and back. It's not my favourite place but I give thanks all the staff I've encountered there have been delightful, and the people on the last bus of my day were rather lovely too, constantly rearranging themselves to accommodate extra wheelchairs, baby buggies and mounds of shopping!

I give thanks I did some shopping on the way home... discovering Asda was having an extension lead sale, the fancy pants department store had halved the prices of their ethnic pottery and Wilko still had the best value curtain poles. Trying to save the pennies I decided to avoid a delivery charge for the light grey one that had caught my eye and, as it wasn't heavy, bring it home on the bus. It just fitted upright between the floor and the ceiling!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics