Friday 22 February 2019

Thirty-three

I give thanks when I had an accident in my bed last night it was with lavender oil! Though very tired I just couldn't seem to drop off to dreamland so I opened the bottle I keep my my bed...then fell deeply asleep and woke up thinking 'What's that hard lumpy thing under my back?'. It was the open, now almost empty bottle...

Maybe that's one reason I was so very sleepy this morning. Or it just could be that I really do need to take it a little easier that I have been this week. I give thanks I've been able to push myself, for the work I've done myself and for the work I've organised others to do. It's important to me that the place becomes more pretty and practical to suit my tastes and needs but a bit more just enjoying it how it is would go down well over the next few days I think!

Apart from the money saved on not having a new kitchen, I give thanks for the gentleness on the planet, repurposing the existing units and my pre-owned cooker. The tiles were taken down carefully and reused plus a bit leftover from Mima's kitchen fitting and Clive's donation. I did buy new paint as the chap costed in redecorating that half of the room and, although it pained me rather as it's a bit trendy still, I chose pale grey. I'm pretty confident about my ability to put colours together so I wasn't surprised I liked the effect but I was extra grateful that the fresh walls didn't make the old worktop and doors look even more ancient. In fact it all looks much cleaner and brighter. I look forward to some shelves for pretty mugs and tins. In the meantime I bought a mug stand in a second hand shop to go with the retro feel and lack of places to put wall cupboards.

The weather has been murky here today, chill low cloud and breeze. I give thanks for picking up a piece of battered fish to warm me up when I went out to get cash earlier...plus a rather nice little table in the secondhand shop round the corner that took my fancy yesterday. I needed less cash than the original estimate as we didn't need new tiles and with a little light bartering I got the table for the 'change'. I give thanks for watching a lot of Antiques Road Trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics