Monday 18 February 2019

Twenty-nine

I woke up much too early today, but I give thanks this meant I didn't miss an unexpected call from a very lovely bin man who had some recycling receptacles for me! It also meant I could get going early enough to get the bus up the hill to pick up prescriptions and get some bits of shopping before the BT engineer called a couple of hours earlier than arranged. I give thanks he found my phone line as dead as I did...though this meant an awful lot of work for him and an awfully long wait for him to come back so I couldn't (as planned) squeeze in a nap before Laura was due to arrive. I give thanks for some lunch and a little lie down though...and for not being the person wrestling with wires beneath the manhole cover in the squally showers!

I give thanks standing by the draughty living room window watching for developments spurred me on to get on the (mobile) phone and book the fitting of new hinges which I believe may make things cosier and quieter.

I give thanks for moving on the furniture makeovers a minor increment last night and today. For the fragrance of the miniature daffodils from Laura, and the joy of my own internet connection at last. I may only have three TV channels to watch but I can now record what I want to watch on them and fast forward and pause and rewind. Oh joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics