Sunday 3 February 2019

Fourteen

Mmm, I give thanks for a lie in. Not nearly enough of those lately! For abandoning its comforts when the handyman due on Thurs decided Tues would suit him better instead and I wanted to get some bits for him to get handy with. My goodness me I give thanks for living by a railway station as I had to pop into the city and back sharpish to be here for when the freezer was due to be collected.


I give thanks for the glorious weather - warm sunshine to wait in on the platform and the pretty ride along the estuary with low water flat as a sheet of mirror. For a blind for the bathroom, two switch plates and two coax plugs coming to the exact money I got for the freezer! For Wilko for selling practical things on a Sunday you don't need a car to get.

This move feels such a positive one, but whenever I change homes one of my favourite parts is when you find your old stuff fits in new places. Now there's more room in the spare room, I wanted to start making the window end more 'roomy' and wondered if the large rug that was my dining room before might go down on part of the floor. Would you believe it fits lengthways exactly between the skirting boards? How wonderful is that? It's not a particularly pretty carpet but nicer underfoot than the stuff that's down I can't afford to change just yet...

I give thanks for finishing sorting that out in time for a quick sit down before popping to the Co op before it closed. I give thanks for being able to 'pop to the Co-op'. The last couple of years has been such a long hard struggle but it was worth it to get to a comfier way of life at last... Mind you the tourist season is starting up again with coaches arriving and disgorging outside my door. I may feel rather differently in a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics