Sunday 17 February 2019

Twenty-eight

I give thanks for waking up feeling well and rested and free from pain. This state of affairs didn't last long, in fact a couple of hours later I felt particularly horrid, but what a lovely way to start the day! I give thanks for only doing the things that seemed most necessary, there's so much I want to do or at least get done, but staying out of hospital for as long as possible is top of all lists and resting whenever I feel unable to do more seems wise.

I give thanks for a visit from Mr and Mrs Hutchinson as they are now, and lovely it was to see them and have a catch up. Clive brought some worktop to replace the piece that had the old hob in, and worked his magic with a dodgy looking bit of cable I figured, by process of elimination, must be the aerial lead from the loft. I can now receive BBC 1, 2 and 4 (though not much else) but this is a tremendous improvement on nothing, not least as there's actually series I want to watch on those channels at the moment plus it suggests with better kit I might get more. I give thanks for the prospect of 32 inch Iceland and Shetland Isles!

I give thanks for finding a way to connect to the hotspot on my laptop again too which though clumsy, has worked twice so my options for entertainment while resting increase! All I need now is for a major telecoms provider to provide some in house telecoms and we'll be cooking with gas (metaphorically).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics