Sunday 9 June 2013

All sorts

We all have talents though some may be less apparent, less appreciated or downright imperceptible to a less than generous eye. Me? Oh, I've been more of an observer than an exhibitor this weekend...well, unless you count my skill at being quietly by myself, a talent not everyone round here displays! Much gratitude for my musical neighbours and their friends, there's some great guitarists and sweet voiced singers as well as that excellent young drummer...and wry faced respect for the abilities of others to sunbathe topless and carry on slanging matches within sight and sound of everyone else. It's kind of like the egg thrower on Britain's Got Talent and the flare bearer in the French Open final...not what you ordered from the menu but an unexpected and piquant dish on the side! Thanks too that, because all this was going on, I decided against a trip to the communal gardens myself as I was really rather tired after my trip to the beaches yesterday.

I'm grateful that there was a peaceful patch at the time I settled down to meditate, for those moments when you actually are in a meditative state rather than wanting or trying to be... and that you seem to feel more peaceful yourself, yet energised afterwards no matter how fleeting they may be.

I give thanks that everyone was also quiet last night...or if not I slept through it so thanks for that instead! For, despite my fatigue, getting the bed linen changed, the washing and cooking done and even some things not strictly necessary like a seam or two of sewing and another instalment of the Big Sort Out that's been dragging on a while. I aspire to know with some degree of accuracy not only what I have and where...but also, to some extent, why. Deeply satisfying but somewhat exhausting too...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics