Tuesday 11 June 2013

World without bend

Fit last night only for soup and toast, I gave the kitchen staff the night off and heartfelt thanks I had a can of rather nice tomato and basil and some rye mix bread, plus organic butter, with cheese to grate and garlic to chop as garnish. A banquet of simple culinary pleasures and I'm grateful to the Tesco delivery service for delivering me some more today...

Immense gratitude too for a long hot bath and an early night with paracetamol and silent neighbours. It would be over simplistic to blame my pain on over exertion yesterday because my wrists and elbows have been giving me gyp as well and I didn't walk on my hands at all, not even a tiny bit! I think what hurts and how it hurts us can be as arbitrary physically as emotionally sometimes and I'm (usually) grateful for the opportunity to learn and grow that pain can bring... One should, of course, live in the present moment however uncomfortable that may seem, but my mind has brought me moments from yesterday sometimes which I nonetheless recall with gratitude too...sights I saw, words I heard and thoughts that came to me (the beautiful gardens and bountiful hedgerows, the cheery chat of bus drivers, the inklings of the way things actually are instead of the ways we prefer to perceive them). I even remembered the large bag of bargain chocolate 'all sorts' I bought in a Thornton's along the way and had opened but far from finished and which had been left in my bag for hours. Mmm...and in writing that I've remembered them all over again! These are (some of) the steps down to the little empty beach with those stunning rocks...


I'm grateful that before I went to bed I had the presence of mind to set all manner of pointless programmes to record as, for comfort's sake, all movement has to be kept to a minimum today, and it's been showery for the tennis at Queen's.

I give thanks for coming across an appreciation blog on the meetanostomate forum...and for these neologisms...whether for real or for editorial effect they are amusing and clever at times...http://www.studentbeans.com/worldweirdweb/a/weird/29-urban-dictionary-words-you-need-to-know4555.html

1 comment:

Web Statistics