Thursday 27 June 2013

Perfect

​I'm grateful for the lovely lush sound of the rain dripping on and off the leaves outside, for the mildness so the window can be open to hear this better! I'm grateful there was sun earlier on for those who were out and about...and greyness later for those like me who were home all day...

I'm grateful for a little bit of progress on sewing projects...and a lot of not beating myself up about the smallness of it...my mind always works faster than my hands can do!

I gave thanks also for a fascinatingly different programme about being single and not wanting to be, when two such folk swapped lives for a few days, meeting colleagues, friends, exes and parents to see if they could determine what the reason might be the other was unwillingly on the shelf. I liked it from the start due to simply to this premise. Usually, don't you find, advice is given by people who aren't in the situation themselves? Obviously no one's ever in your version of reality except you, but unless you're an 'expert' what do you know that's worth passing on. Or put it another way, if you are an expert what do you know about not being one?

There were some interesting insights into how we as humans tend to relate and respond as well. Despite a fairly well rounded appraisal of the character's characteristics their problems were generally perceived to revolve in the man's case around delaying behaving in a way suitable to a mature relationship until he met the person he wanted to have one with, and for the woman that she persistently believed the guy who treated her wrong was actually Mr Right, and he just needed to change his ways... Even if you've been contentedly committed for forever, or are simply serenely single I'm sure you can identify to some extent with the idea that there's a perfect something just around the corner, and that you'll be a lot more perfect when everyone else is too! It's a common human imperfection!

Oh and I'm grateful for having another go at encouraging perfection in those (to my eyes) less than perfect neighbours: I offered to lend them an extension lead to vacuum up the mess they've made on the stairs. Unfortunately they declined...

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics