Saturday 1 June 2013

The comfort of strangers

Well last night I was grateful to some neighbours for reminding me there are lonelier states than being alone and worse cravings than company! I was also very grateful for being very tired so that, with the aid of earplugs and wind howling through a slightly open window to soften the noise, I was able to get back to sleep again quite quickly every time. Also for setting my alarm or I'd have lain in much later than I needed to as I wanted to get up and out early to ask a strange man to take me up to Dartmoor. He was behind the wheel of a bus at the time...

I'd been rather concerned that this outing might be like a trip to a candy store for a newly diagnosed diabetic, as I could look but not touch and, on the whole prefer to be in beautiful places either on my own or with people I like very much, and there was an element of that dissatisfaction but to see the moorland scenery was a treat anyhow. I was grateful I made the effort and for the friendly atmosphere on the bus between locals and tourists and several half and halfs like me. Also for many sights of banks of beautiful bluebells...it seems to be a bumper year for them, doesn't it Lynn?

Of course any outing by public transport to somewhere you want to go includes a good deal of places you don't, so I gave thanks that those bits were passable if not always especially pleasant! I was grateful I found a shop that sells Clover easy grip crochet hooks, much kinder to sore thumbs and wrists and usually only available on line, and finding the shop that had these buttons before a while back still had them now I had the chance to return... Much gratitude also for running into Chris the cab driver on arriving back in town here so I had someone real to really talk to about something of my day...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics