Monday 3 June 2013

Pass the port

Oooh, there are days...there are days I'm grateful this is a gratitude blog because a grumbling one would take a lot longer to write!

I'm grateful for the sunshine, and for being able to get out in it even though most of it was for chores and most of them seemed to involve queueing! And for being not far from here when I could see this moment on its way so I could get myself there to take a picture... I love watching the pilot steer tankers through all the non port related things on their route! They also have to turn round in a relatively tiny space when they get alongside the quay - fascinating and very clever.


I gave thanks for the view from my window too... of a cheerful line of washing and a fat wood pigeon hiding in the birch tree having a snack. Also for oven chips, fish fingers and beans cooking for my tea...comfort food almost handed to you on a plate and just what I need right now.

Last night I enjoyed seeing the alternative folk downstairs gathering round a brazier bonfire as darkness fell, and their friends with lit up hula hoops and twirly things putting on a festival style display...and that the drunkie junkies upstairs had enough of whatever they need to put them to sleep and sleep mostly through the night with only minimal shouting. May at least some of the above be repeated...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics