Sunday 16 June 2013

Rackets

Last night I was grateful for the sound of owls calling to one another in the wee small hours (often preferable to the sound of humans doing the same thing!)...this morning for a big mug of tea and ginger oatcakes in bed to finish a book I was enjoying. Also for some very cheery church bells...

Oh, and backtracking, gratitude for the bag of bath melt misshapes and off cuts I found in town yesterday which I tub tested last night and now know to be money well spent.

I was grateful that the Queen's final was scheduled for an earlier start so that I had to get my act together by noon...and then that there was another rain delay as someone was doing some drilling and hammer and chiselling a few feet away, presumably changing the lock on the flat door upstairs though whether this is a good thing or a bad thing I can't at this stage decide. Depends who's doing it I suppose, and why...the week before last one resident there called the the police to break in as they said they feared another was dead inside, but it was a different person entirely in the flat and I'm not quite sure what rendered them incapable of opening the door. Loath to clear up the pieces of wood and debris on the communal landing on the grounds of encouraging some sense of responsibility I'm extra thankful I didn't now as there may be a whole lot more...

I'm grateful for a few chores done and for finding ready made curry in the fridge just past its use by date so making food wasn't one of them! Also for the highly entertaining charity tennis for some of the long sitting downy bits in between...good sport maybe not, but very good sports playing!

I give thanks for fathers today too...for everyone who has enjoyed a warm relationship with theirs, for everyone who's been a good one...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics