Monday 10 June 2013

Ley of the land

Today I gave thanks that my spirit's desire for the solace of scenery and stimulation of pastures new overrode my achy and argumentative body's urging to stay home and be inactive. I'd realised somewhere I was taken by car briefly some years ago and have longed to go back to is accessible by bus. Well, three buses to be exact, or two buses and two trains to be most pleasingly picturesque. This might seem a horrendous journey to those who have private transport but it meant lots of opportunities for refreshment and 'comfort' breaks and lots of sitting down in between. And the views were amazing...ear to ear delightful, chin on chest charming and tears in eyes gorgeous... 

I'm grateful for the joy they gave me...and the friendly souls I met, including a woman who prompted the man with her to carry my tea tray for me when she spotted me taking things off it at the counter to enable me to bear the weight of it to my table, and a couple who shared a laugh with me at the angst of others when we all realised we'd got the bus times wrong! Gratitude also for the parts when I urged my needy knees to go that little bit further til there were no friendly souls, other than mine, around at all... And for the sight and sound of ducks - very soothing and amusing when you feel like telling the world to duck off! One must take the rough with the smooth...


I also give thanks for...

the ice blue sea you see when there's a sunset

Swedish male train drivers wearing skirts in hot weather when wearing shorts was banned

the privilege of having known Tony and Carole even just a little bit

1 comment:

  1. love the rocks,they look like they have been draped over the stones.....

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics