Wednesday 19 June 2013

Rapid response

This morning the neuro physio looked at the fatigue diary she'd urged me to keep for a week or two and suggested perhaps a daily blog was tiring me mentally (and unnecessarily). Perhaps I failed to convey the point, insofar as there is one, but it left me feeling somewhat pointless even though I know she was, as are most of us most of the time, following her script...waiting only for my words to finish so she could say more of her own. I'm grateful that she tried to be helpful...and I'm grateful that I try to be too!

I'm gave thanks for a sunny afternoon and a peaceful sit in the gardens where two very enthusiastic dogs hurtled across the grass to meet me and their owner exchanged less eager but nonetheless friendly greetings too...and for Imee Ooi's music soothing my soul.

I was on a crowded train yesterday afternoon with a young woman reading aloud from a well thumbed bible into her mobile phone and interspersing quotations with comments such as 'Everything I am doing is with the Lord's blessing', 'Nothing can go wrong, it's all the way he wants it to be'. I was sincerely grateful it was Christian zeal she was exhibiting, as any other sort would have probably resulted in more than eyebrows raised...

I'm grateful for finding the tea towel that concealed itself so successfully in the washing machine drum despite several searches for it there...  And for hearing from a couple of people whose responses I'd been waiting on, including Kostas who has been moving a little nearer the only likely exit from Death Row the last couple of months and whom I hope I can continue to find appropriate responses of my own for, for as long as they are required.

1 comment:

  1. how do you find words for Kostas ,its so so difficult I don't know if I believe in death row, if they deem fit to destroy someone( that is debatable) either do it straight away or not at all ??? you will know if your blog is keeping you going or taking too much, I for one would sorely miss it ,but even if it were weekly would still be to look forward to!!you must come first ,!!!!!!!: ) xx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics