Monday 17 June 2013

Reel life

When the pain's a pain it can be hard to get enough sleep so I'm grateful for the snoozes I snatch here and there. I also give thanks when I have a bad night that I don't (not)sleep alone as it would be very tedious for someone else to put up with all the wriggling and turning and sighing and groaning that punctuate the times when I just breathe and bear it mindfully....Though I was also grateful for being brave enough and bothered enough to get up again at half past midnight to ask whoever it was upstairs to stop whatever it was they were doing please ...and that they did!

I give thanks for an unexpectedly chatty day, shame most of it was about medical matters but it's a conversation's always a bit of a treat for me anyhow and some of it was with some nice people from next door I encountered on my way to the post box rather than doctors and nurses! And for a new physio coming up with a new idea. Also for an unexpected boost of...well, energy's a bit strong...willingness to move...that saw me back with the pins and scissors and sewing machine for a while this evening...

Most of all I'm grateful for being sent a link to the most wonderful film called Samsara that had me spellbound for 100 mins (give or take the anxious buffering pauses). As the title suggests there is potentially a spiritual element but it's without words and non-denominational (or non-dominational as I always think the phrase should be!) so it's up to how you interpret see such a varied and stunning collection of images. I shall be watching it at least once again I'm sure for there were many things I was very grateful to see. Much gratitude to the very talented people who put it together, and to Peter for correctly surmising it might be just right for the not rightness I'm feeling right now http://viooz.co/movies/15030-samsara-2011.html



1 comment:

  1. I had a bottle of samsara perfume a few years ago .......hope you get some rest tonight !!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics