Wednesday 12 June 2013

Power points

Gratitude for fun with power cuts 'on and off' last night...for candles and torches and so on...and being able to access the local Facebook page via my phone for a while and see how other areas of the town were being affected.

That all services are working again today, and for the grey and showery weather as I am still not! Much stillness required again...

For discovering a quilted bedspread I thought I'd have to get to the launderette would, with persuasion, go into the washing machine.

For a very speedy and understanding response from BT regarding my call charge for not hanging up properly one day before leaving the house (and the other end not doing so either) so that I was connected for three and a half hours! Initial reaction to an enquiry to 'our colleagues overseas' about this had not been favourable so I was delighted when a lovely lady called Sandra from 'up north' could see the points I'd made made sense and refunded me in a very friendly manner...

For realising that when we say we don't like someone and it's due to something they've done or haven't, or said or haven't said or because of what they believe, think, wear, watch, read etc...it's not. Of course this also holds true if someone decides they don't like you...but though I'm notoriously poor at social skills (and it's been cited as a reason why people don't like me!) even I can see that pointing this out won't help the situation at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics