Wednesday 5 June 2013

Clear loser

It's funny how sometimes we fail to see what's right in front of us, or we see it but fail to register what its implications are even when (or maybe just because) they are glaringly obvious. Struggling into a crowded waiting room at the hospital the other day I was wondering why it was always only me bumbling along with bags of this and that...and then I realised it's because everyone else has a car! This week I've had another dawn of common sense about a situation that, though uncomfortable in some ways as truth may sometimes be, is quite a relief in others. I give thanks for clarity. 

Gratitude for the cheerful delivery driver bringing surgical supplies with a smile and for a quiet hour in the gardens courtesy of headphones to fill my ears with Imee Ooi chants instead of other people's less than enchanting gossip. For the sunshine being warmer than some websites suggested it might be!

I give thanks for giving up on a protracted argument with Adobe reader also an equally fruitless search for a reel of thread that I was using yesterday but which, since then, has disappeared into another dimension. Some things are simply not meant to be...including the ones I meant to do during the time that passed before I gave up, over and above reading the document and sewing with the thread!

Never mind, I give thanks for a mug of Earl Grey tea instead...and doing the ironing. After that I'm fit for nothing else so I didn't care!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics