Sunday 2 June 2013

Making it

Is it a tornado? Is it a hurricane? No, it's nothing to do with weather or planes... It's a (sort of) angel in the making mode...

The tennis was boring, the neighbours we're warring, the sun was in and the people I wanted to talk to were out or offline or otherwise not responding, so sloth was in danger of turning into despondency... Until I made homity for lunch and chocolate and prune cakes for tea (having made a plan that such things should exist) and rather a lot of washing up in the process! I made various parts of the premises cleaner and tidier including the cutlery tray...I do hate a crumby one, don't you? And inroads into sewing projects including coming up be with the idea of marking a stitching line (on some jersey that defied tailor's chalk and I was loath to pin or tack) with masking tape! Get on (literally).

I made sure I had plenty of rests between these processes, including a delicious nap when those poor sad people upstairs went downstairs and out into the outside world to inflict themselves on other ears... And when I woke up the tennis was interesting (including the commentary...comparing the match players to guitar players? Seriously?) so I was happy to make horizontal my home a little longer.

I give thanks for all of the above and for the clapping in corners that preceded it. Don't knock it til you've tried it and I won't knock you if you don't!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics