Saturday 7 December 2013

Cheers!

My main gratitude for the day has to be for not having a social life! There are people I would love to see but as long as seeing me remains low on their lists of priorities there's all the more time for rest and recuperation between those boringly exhausting chores like housework and hospital appointments. I'm grateful to Peter for showing me you can warm a mug before you make tea like you would a teapot...useful for people who get distracted whilst brewing or sipping as well as those who live in draughty lairs! Much gratitude too to him for offering to take me to my afternoon hospital appointment next week as he’ll be over this way in the morning for a dentist appointment of his own. 

Apart from the arduous journey to and fro yesterday I had to walk much further than was comfortable to get to the restaurant (though I enjoyed this wall art on the way!). There was cafe right by the door where I had to wait forever for the bus but half the seating area was taken up by a stand promoting a carers' association. I'm grateful I resisted the temptation to tell them I cared for myself and to move the bleeping display so I could sit down!


Not only tired but in a lot of pain, today I've been grateful for even the tiniest achievements beyond the absolutely essential. At a time of year when there are so many extra things we may want to get done it's good to appreciate just getting washed and dressed, washing some dishes and putting some laundry on. I'm grateful for piped water and electricity, for a variety of teabags and tasty nibbles and for things to eat in the freezer that needs a clear out anyway to make room for the (metaphorical) plumped up baby cow!

I've been grateful the winds last week blew off enough leaves for me to be able to see more sea but the bus and train rides yesterday revealed how many trees round here continue to have autumn coloured or even still quite green leaves on their branches and I'm grateful for that too as it's making the winter seem shorter already

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics