Monday 30 December 2013

Bouncing back

This morning I was grateful I'd laid those wanderlust notions aside when I woke up first thing and heard the wind and rain...and then all over again when I woke up once more much later! I seem to be needing a lot of sleep just now, so am very grateful when I can get it.

The place I most wanted to go (within the bounds of bus routes and common sense), I most wanted to go to because there are big un-built on headlands and not concrete down to the sands and you can see miles of waves breaking which I thought might be a nice distraction from the pain, and make me forget I'd rather be with other people too...so I decided to go down to the seafront here instead even though I knew it would be very busy with families and couples and accentuate the Wilhelmina without companions mood. And I was rewarded with the most awesome sea...fairly calm away from the shore but throwing thundering lines of surf against the sea wall, which then bounced back and hit the ones behind in giant fractal plumes, just the way I like it best!  And yes there were lots of folk in twos and threes and fours but they were all gawping at the water so I didn't feel left out at all... 

It's a shame for you guys I didn't get any of the biggest splashes in a picture (despite several attempts) but for me I'm grateful because it's good to be focused on the experiencing rather than trying to capture the experience to share...beautiful blues tho, plus beaten egg white white!


I give thanks for exchanging a few words with people I knew to get a brief sense of actually being part of the human race, and that I hurt a lot more after going out, so a) I know it was a good job I didn't go further and b) I know I wasn't in that much pain earlier after all! After grabbing a non-Christmas cake bite to eat I'm also particularly grateful all I have to do for the rest of the day (heavens, maybe for the rest of the year!) is vary the horizontal between sofa, bath and bed and get some more sleep. Also there's an early seeason CSI I seem to have missed before - or totally forgotten - you wouldn't think that was possible, would you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics