Sunday 8 December 2013

Singularly satisfying

Following on from yesterday's theme, I give thanks I don't have a partner either. A partner might expect me to get in the kitchen and make some lunch instead of fiddling around with yarn and beads and sequins. Of course an ideal partner might have made the lunch, then come through to tell me it was ready and exclaimed with delight at what I'd done...but I wouldn't feel comfortable with someone that visually impaired working in my kitchen! I give thanks for my sense of humour, and for the intrinsic pleasure I get from my crafty pursuits even when the results are less lovely when my hands have done with them than they were in my mind's eye!

I'm grateful for echinacea and Ricola and tiger balm for helping my immune system deal with the local lurgy, and that there's no one else around to tell me how much they're suffering, as that can be not only tedious but as catching as germs are too!

I'm grateful for staying in bed all morning and for taking all afternoon to watch a two hour programme stopping and starting as it suited me and what I was doing... I suspect these could be rather irritating if there was someone else around too!

I'm grateful the relatively mild weather continues and I can have the windows open now and then...and for the sounds of the bells from the many churches nearby...

I give thanks for the sight of the sea and the trees and the light of the golden hour just before the sun sinks below the hills...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics