Tuesday 3 December 2013

Lights, camera, action

Wow...the light was the same strange pink when I opened the curtains this morning as when I drew them last night...gratitude for a rather unusual coincidence. I give thanks I didn't have to get up when the light was still that colour and for the internet because it helps you get a lot done without leaving your sofa or even your bed!

I've needed a lot of sofa and bed today after going to choir yesterday evening but they were very grateful I did as there's some sort of bubonic cold going round to which sopranos seem to be particularly susceptible and we were vastly outnumbered by the altos, and even the baritones for once! I was grateful I went because I love to sing in company anyway and being besieged by deeper notes added an extra camaraderie to our little trebling clan. And an extra sense of camaraderie meant I couldn't say no to singing carols in Morrisson's this afternoon at a time when the majority of the singers were unavailable, especially as Sheila kindly offered a couple of us a lift. I'm grateful for discovering wearing reading glasses to see the score means that everything is a comforting blur beyond. As I can't stand up for long and can feel rather self conscious in a seat at the front, the blur effect helps a lot...in a similar way that footlights hide the audience when you're on stage.


I give thanks that I have no human interaction likely now til Thursday afternoon and can eat garlic in copious quantities which it seemed rude to do before!

And lastly, I know it's wicked, but I have to give thanks that an old workmate posted a pic of himself with Tom Daley on Facebook earlier this year. He's a great one for teasing and joking others so he's taking the endless gibes in good humour...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics