Wednesday 18 December 2013

Little star

Weyhey...that's almost all the Christmas knitting done, the bit that needs doing for tomorrow anyhow! I'm grateful it turned out so well, but I can't show you because you might be the person who it's for...

I'm grateful I've finished the mini heart garlands to go on my mini mistletoe tree as well and that that is now both 'up' and decorated, and that I've put some LED and fibre optic lights in the kitchen/dining room too. It can be hard to get into decorating when there's no one around to see it but you, but I do like twinkly things...


Talking of up...I'm grateful the workmen upstairs were late starting this morning as I was too. I'm grateful they are happy in their work and enjoy each other's company but sometimes I'm really not in the mood for seven hours of banter, burping and song...on top of the banging and drilling and so on. That's one reason I stayed out so late yesterday, not just to try to shrug off the black dog but to get some peace to do it. I'm grateful my appointment wasn't today as, though from what I can see from here I'd say the sea is well worth a visit, even I wouldn't want to stay very long! Actually today I've given thanks I've had no cause to go out, not because of the weather but the aching aftermath of yesterday's exertions. As soon as this is finished I'm going to be grateful for stretching out on the sofa with a groan and a Columbo! Oh, and I'm grateful my cough is much better and my voice partially back so that I can groan!

Finally gratitude for finding my reading glasses in a crevice beside the sofa and a lost pair of gloves in a boot in the hall...and to Sheila for looking in some more obvious places for me!

1 comment:

  1. Your garland is very pretty. Quite festive.
    DiAnn

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics