Friday 13 December 2013

Doubly delicious

I was grateful for a long deep sleep last night, though a bit perturbed to see how late it was when I awoke and realised how much I had to do in a short space of time, including hastily making and eating some breakfast before my pre scan fast.

Much gratitude to Peter for helping turn the trip into a pleasant pre Christmas outing, driving to the hospital via the prettiest rural route, stopping for me to gasp in awe at the still golden trees and keeping me company while waiting. I was grateful I've perfected dressing for the procedure so I now don't have to undress at all, and that it didn't altogether take very long because (just between you and me) I'm getting a bit bored with being at hospitals. Ready for some refreshments when we emerged, we were umming and aahing where to go, as though on the edge of the city neither of us wanted to venture in, then Peter thought of one of the pubs on the canal just outside. It's an old local favourite, one of the nicest pubs I've been to ever in my life anywhere, but that neither of us had visited for some years so were unsure if it would still be as delightful as we remembered...and it was, only even better!

It's old and low beamed but large with big French windows looking out onto the terraces by the water, and this time of year has log fires. We weren't sure if they wound be serving food as this has changed from time to time in its history but I was hopeful there might be a sandwich even though I don't actually eat sandwiches that often...however we found an extensive restaurant menu available so added to the great position and ambiance there are now delicious things to eat as well...even for fussy non meat eaters like me! More thanks given for the opportunity to discover this and while away the sun down hours there.


I'm grateful for stopping to knock on my neighbour's door on the way in to make sure they got some mail in the pile I thought they might have missed, as it turned out they had a parcel that had come for me too. Thanks for this not only because it's neighbourly, but because now I can have an extra long lie in tomorrow and not get up to wait for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics