Sunday 15 December 2013

It's my party

Hmm, another 'quiet' day! I was grateful that despite sleeping late after waking in the night for coughing, I was in time to let my lift to the choir gig know I wouldn't need picking up...and that she could make out what I was whispering down the phone! Not being able to sing or talk there didn't seem to be much point in going, but I was very disappointed to miss a rare opportunity to join in something seasonably sociable, and in such a scenic spot as well...My horoscope said I'd be the life and soul of the party, so I guess I should be grateful everyone else had a lucky escape from that!

Though inconvenienced, I'm still not feeling ill with the symptoms and the rest of me's relatively healthy right now so of course I'm giving thanks for this good fortune, but feeling a bit in need of sympathy, comfort and companionship I was flummoxed as to where to find them on a wet and windy pre Christmas Sunday and I'm grateful I thought of going out in the weather a while instead! Much gratitude for the big waves crashing and the fine mild rain cheering me up for a while.

I'm grateful I've performed the tricky manoeuvre of getting the Christmas decorations down from the high shelf. Who knows? I might even get round to putting some up about the place some time...what with it being party season...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics