Friday 27 December 2013

Pleasantries

Mmm, last night I didn't keep waking up and going 'ouch' - that was certainly something to be  grateful for! I still gave thanks for a leisurely start today though, plenty of time for the storm to blow itself off elsewhere for one thing.

I was grateful to Bob for making me bangers and mash for tea, and bacon butties for lunch...and washing the grill pan afterwards! My taste buds certainly enjoyed the change though I feel a bit like a snake with an animal shaped lump in the middle now and think little but fruit will pass my lips for a while...

I give thanks for very pleasant weather for a potter round the shops before he got the train, pleasant folk encountered and a cafe table with a pretty view of the pale waves and the headland darkening with tinted clouds behind. It's been a lovely few days for which I have much gratitude, but I'm also grateful for nothing much planned for a few days more other than making inroads into the leftover food, the pile of books and films we recorded but didn't get round to seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics