Saturday 28 December 2013

It's a gift

I was grateful I decided to have a long lie in this morning, but also that at lunchtime the sunshine was at an angle to dazzle my eyes too much to stay in bed any longer. Not that I've done a great deal with the rest of the day...and I'm grateful for that too!

Waking in the night for more ouches I was grateful to see Bob had finally made it home after an epic and eventful journey, and even more so that he seemed to maintain good humour and a sense of his good fortune throughout.

When I've been spending some time with someone and then they're gone it can feel a bit miserable to be on my own again afterwards, but being in rather a lot of physical pain it's been an ideal time to just to snuckle down under a cuddly throw, and read and snooze and catch up with films and TV. It's several days before anyone would expect to see me anywhere so there's no rush to get anything done (even my hair, so much gratitude for that!). Sometimes the days between Christmas and New Year can seem an awkward limbo but I'm grateful for this time to reflect on various matters, and rest and recuperate quietly...

I'm giving thanks for my Christmas present from Laura too, which I think is meant to be a chopping board but is far too prettily grained for that. I could serve myself some of the cracker and cheese mountain on it later maybe... I've just found the leftover Mars bar cake from the cafe yesterday though, so I won't be needing that for a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics