Sunday 29 December 2013

Twiddling my thumbs

Today I've been grateful for the still and sunny weather...ideal for some convivial activity for those for whom conviviality and activity are options, fine for staying in bed with a good book and a bad attitude as well, I'm pleased to report! I gave thanks for hearing neighbours chatting outside, and watching some testing a remote control helicopter toy, and that eventually the rubbish insisted on being taken outdoors so that I had to get up and dressed myself. I was grateful my knee was so painful and stiff on the stairs confirming going out anywhere hadn't really been an option anyway...

I'm grateful my spirit is willing even if my flesh is weak and I've devoted a couple of hours to wandering up and down cul-de-sac notions searching for inspiration enough to get me moving tomorrow, even briefly considering the Christmas exhibition I'd love to see before it closes for another year here http://www.geffrye-museum.org.uk/ Common sense has prevailed of course, but leaving home for a few hours somewhere might mean my diet improves...I'm giving thanks for the Christmas cake but given the alcohol content it'll be rehab I go to next if I don't make an effort soon!

I'm grateful the rather rambunctious children who've moved in next door are not indoors all the time, and that they weren't here at all while Bob was! Also for learning the 'thumb method' of casting on last night after following a pattern that called for it...and that I've decided I need to start again in the smaller size so that I'll be able to practice it later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics