Saturday 14 December 2013

Silent night

It's been many years since I've lost my voice, so I give some thanks for the novelty of it happening again after a fit of coughing last night (and probably far too much talking during the day!). And even more for still not feeling unduly ill with this development and being perfectly capable of pottering about with household tasks, and some crafty and Christmassy ones also.

I've been very grateful I've not had much actual talking to do, but surprised how often I normally use my voice when home alone...wittering, muttering, ouching in pain, bursting into song or poetry or commenting (to myself) on this and that. Without this habit, of course, I wouldn't have known the condition was coming on and today all have been in whispers, with the occasional croak or squeak, which is rather comical I find and I gave thanks I encountered two people I knew when I went out to the postbox so I could share the fun with them. Gratitude too that one is in the choir and can vouch for my incapacity.

Much thanks for the change in the weather, the roaring wind whipping up waves and hurling diagonal rain at the windows as darkness fell, making me feel particularly cosy snuggled on the sofa with mince pies and a Columbo or two...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics