Wednesday 11 December 2013

Not pink

I give thanks for a Floating Island bath melt for floating me away so fragrantly last night...and for the gorgeous pink sunrise this morning as the light was diffused by mist...much gratitude for that and various other 'Oh wow!' meteorological moments today. Not so sure about the gorgeous pink mini LED lights I picked up by mistake the other day, thinking they were clear or multi. I couldn't remember which I'd thought they were when I bought them but it certainly wasn't pink!

I'm grateful for some progress on the Christmas related crafts and some of you will be receiving hand made cards in due course...Remember it's the thought that counts folks, and I think of it as a compliment if I give someone something I've made myself! Also, this year, you can maybe appreciate the idea if not the execution. Coming up with a new design with readily available materials and rather limited skills is always a craft in itself. If you saw these in a book you'd go 'Hey, that's a good idea!' Well, maybe you wouldn't, but I would have done...


Talking of cards, yesterday one came with a printed label and M&S embossing on the back. Ooh I thought, looking at the size of the envelope, an M&S voucher! There's no particular reason why I should have received one of those but I filled in one of those interminable customer service surveys the other day and well, a little optimism never goes amiss. I don't shop a lot in there but it's amazing what you can buy with free money! Well, it wasn't a voucher...but a very nice card from some very nice people for which I was very grateful and I forgot all about vouchers...until today when one turned up in the post that was nothing to do with the survey but a thank you from a medical company I can't help but do business with. Hmm, maybe I should revisit that idea of the visually impaired perfect partner?

I give thanks that Bob has inherited the creative genes...both the making things with your hands kind and the making things with your mind!

I give thanks for Potter's Vegetable Cough Remover for removing my cough without turning me into a vegetable. Have you seen the stuff they put into 'normal' cough remedies? Seriously, some things in life are not meant to be pink!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics