Monday 16 December 2013

Delicacies

I'm grateful a non-sticky situation remained stuck not only during the night, but until after that vital first cup of tea as well! Also that I've been asked to do some more 'patient reviewing' for Cancer Research. It's good to be able to be useful whilst patiently sitting at home...

I give thanks for a delivery of non-standard foodstuffs (well, by many people's standards I'm sure - 'original' Sosmix, dark chocolate chip oatcakes and black garlic) and for stocking up with the more mundane but necessary teabags and mince pies at the Co-op too.

I give thanks for some vigorous cleaning by Jenny, some cheery driving by the taxi men and some wimpy walking by me! And for shops that I went to having the things that I wanted to go to them for...


I'm grateful the sea, though less wild than yesterday, was still hurling its edges enthusiastically at the defences this afternoon for the 'Oh wow!' factor (from everyone but Network Rail)... and for the rolling breakers, starting as an almost imperceptible dark stripe on the green grey water before building and breaking cleanly topped by a surfer or two.

I'm grateful my tea's in my tummy...and for making it and putting it there! For optimism that, if I fall asleep shortly (as I feel I may do), that I'll wake up enough later a) to go to bed and b) to do the things that need doing for tomorrow (though not necessarily in that order). I give thanks that the window garlands are up as a start to seasonal sparkle, for words squeaked and croaked now and then as a change from only whispers, and for some cards and kind thoughts from friends old and new.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics