Thursday 12 December 2013

Not snow

I give thanks for realising the need for negative ions exceeded the need for resting my aching joints and for going to town via the sea, where the tide was high and being delightfully splashy. No, it's not snow...

I give thanks for the exceptionally mild weather that meant I didn't mind a bit of a dampening to get the shot!


And talking of high...I give thanks for an excellent acupuncture treatment that left me in a very laid back but creative state so that I tackled decorating the cake and being inventive with one of my make-it-up-as-you-go-along knitting tasks without wobbling at the sight of potential pitfalls...such as no icing sugar to roll out the marzipan. Much gratitude for discovering you don't need it if you roll it out between greaseproof paper, and there's less mess on the worktop too! I'm sure it's what Nigella would have done, aren't you?

Finally I'm grateful that, despite the fact that someone in the house next door seems to be trying to tunnel through the wall with an electric drill I've not only been able to have a much needed nap but that I've woken up and remembered to finish this before I possibly drift away again...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics