Tuesday 11 March 2014

Almost ready

Much gratitude for making it to both the knitting group and choir yesterday! Even with the lifts from kindly Jennies this was a very exhausting process but I'm very grateful I didn't miss either one.

I'd been thinking that maybe having a ready meal in the gap between getting home from the first and preparing to go out for the second might help with the allocation of time and energy levels, but I'm not such a fan of ready meals all on their own with nothing home made to embellish or accompany them that I'd want one once a week...so I was very grateful to come up with a very quick and simple but recipe instead. You want to know what it was? Cook some washed spinach in the oven with feta and nutmeg, while you cook some wholemeal pasta on top. Toast or roast some pine nuts (I put mine in a frying pan on top of the still hot electric ring), combine and go mmm, that's tasty! Today I was even more grateful for the leftovers cold as a 'ready meal'...

Choir seemed to be very strenuous last night. I wasn't the only one creaking and groaning when we'd finished the session, and this morning I had to remind myself how worth it it had been. I was grateful for a very slow start to the day and that by late lunchtime I'd finally processed a basket of laundry as far as on the rack in front of my bedroom window where it catches the sun and breeze if there is some. And I was grateful that this happened at just the right moment as I could catch sight of a tanker passing through the channel out to sea too.

I'm grateful for a delivery driver working out to call my home phone to tell me he had a package for me....especially as I'd not requested he do this, nor given my number with the order. You could say 'spooky' or 'big brother's watching you'...or you could say 'thank goodness for that' as the depot is seriously inaccessible from here...

I'm grateful for another programme in the series about forensic detective work north of the border. It's a subject that has fascinated me since The Expert TV series started when I was ten...and of course the Scots pronounce 'murder' so much better than anyone else! Oh, and that I'm on the last but one round of this crochet. Not that I've not been enjoying it, but it's inspired me to do more and it's good that it's almost ready to turn into a cushion cover so that I can move on to the next project.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics