Thursday 27 March 2014

Purple patch

I give thanks for the many and various medical professionals who've called me over the last couple of days about the many and various malfunctions of my body...and even more thanks for the ones who remember there's a brain attached to it as well!

I give thanks for sticking to plan A and finishing my dress today, as it was just the right weather for it - spring sunny but winter cold, with snow on nearby hill tops, I hear. It went right down to the wire time wise but as there was no plan B of what to wear I just had to keep right on going, and anyway it's always nice to wear something new for acupuncture as Rachel sews and knows...though she didn't know I'd bought some (purely decorative) buttons for the front and forgotten all about them in the rush to get the structure structured! Doing anything is painful at the moment, but then so is doing nothing at all, so I give thanks for having some things I want to do as well those I have to, because it's easier to ignore it then somehow.

I give thanks for finally visiting our new Waitrose, a good way to spend the lalas when there was such a biting wind outside. People have been saying it's very pricey and I could see a couple of products that I knew would be cheaper elsewhere but mostly I was looking for things that you just cannot get any kind of nearby elsewhere...and I'm very grateful to say I found them! Basil marinated tofu for instance, organic milk in pints, and at least half a dozen kinds of vegetable Indian ready meals...imagine, thoughtfully stroking a vegetarian chin and thinking 'What shall I have?' What joy! Nonetheless, I'm grateful I reminded myself the store isn't going anywhere for the foreseeable future and I didn't have to peruse every shelf and pick up everything that caught my eye. 

I give thanks for finding a cab driver when I wanted one and who was local, not reeking of smoke and didn't charge a silly price or refuse to come to the door because of pot holes... for the pink fluffy clouds in my head and outside of the window...and for this glorious tumble of aubretia, much easier to photograph than what I've got on!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics