Tuesday 4 March 2014

Lace weight

Yey, I was outwardly mobile today...much gratitude for that! Obviously, I'm giving thanks for feeling a little more lively, but I'm also grateful that I haven't felt particularly ill or in pain the last couple of days just insanely sleepy. Not that it was driving me insane, you understand...I was far too tired to actually care!

I'm grateful for reminding myself not to think I'm lazy or slovenly when I get like that. I know I'm not in the slightest, but it can be very easy for those who've perhaps not been much appreciated in life to put themselves down when there's no one else around to do it... I give thanks for my son, for showing me it's possible to have a blood relative not wish you weren't.

I give thanks for the outdoorsyness of the great outdoors. For the spring flowers, blossom and trilling birds in the gardens...For the sky; flat grey with just a hint of cloud and sun, and the sea; flat grey with just a hint of twinkle, breaking like lace on the sand. I LOVE that!


I give thanks for the cafe still soldiering on with philosophy and humour despite the fact that, with the sea wall cracked and covered portacabins, portaloos, plant and chaps in orange, their clientele is diminished and takings are down. Gratitude for the seagull only stealing the last bite of my cake, and for that theft spurring me on to make myself one this evening after some rest and recuperation, and a delicious tea of assorted leftovers revamped into a veggie sausage casserole. I'm grateful that when I'm not well I don't feel like eating...so that when I do, I can do it a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics