Wednesday 19 March 2014

Sea of tranquillity

Last night I gave thanks for the bright moon shining on the sea at an angle I've not seen before, lighting up not a silvery path but presumably shining on a patch of mist above the water and making a glowing cloud behind the twig tips.

Watching it restored my preferred level of tranquility after having to overhear some domestic disharmony next door. At least I think it was disharmony - some people actually like to shout and swear at each other don't they? We must always try not to judge others by ourselves! I give thanks that no matter what I have missed in terms of warm and loving relationships, in recent years I haven't had too many antagonistic, argumentative ones either. Oh, and from what I've seen on TV documentaries lately I give great thanks I don't live in America as well.

I give thanks for a Tesco delivery to stock up my cupboards, shelves, and drawers of the freezer. Unpacking the food at half past three, I realised I'd had nothing to eat all day til then but a hot cross bun, so I was grateful when within the hour my appetite had returned a little, lured by the thought of the taste and smell of a fresh cut crusty rye mix loaf. Bit like being in a supermarket really.

The other good thing about the delivery coming was that I'd promised myself when it had come I would leave all the things I really need to get on with, and even the ones I'd like to be doing, and just do nothing at all. And apart from cutting and buttering the bread and heating up soup that's approximately all I have done. Mmm...I give thanks for being still! And for finding these wonder-full images. I could happily have them on a slow moving loop and gaze at each one for hours...
http://twistedsifter.com/2014/03/2014-sony-world-photography-awards-winners/

The bad thing about being still, or slow moving, is that there are still things to do... I'm grateful for coming up with another self bribery scheme for a tad more activity and then a lot more not.!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics