Wednesday 12 March 2014

Where there's feeling

I give thanks for rising to the challenges of the day...rising being the main one.

One of the difficulties the neurological problems with my hands and arms cause is that I don't realise how much I'm hurting them until it's too late. As it's hard even to lift a cup today maybe craftwork AND vigorously vacuuming before putting this new rug down wasn't such a good idea. But I'm very grateful for my new rug...I've wanted one like this for years!


I'm grateful that next door's dogs haven't been barking and howling all day, in fact it's been all afternoon rather than all morning like yesterday and a change is always good isn't it? I'm grateful I've got lots of recorded TV to watch to help dilute the sound I've not got the strength to escape...for another old Columbo this time celebrating seventies' food rather than seventies' technology. Oh, those piped rosettes!

Also for an episode of Come Dine with Me where someone got in a right strop after someone said 'where there's no sense there's no feeling'. He hadn't seemed an especially sensitive or feeling soul until then and it's an expression most of us have used or heard often enough, but as ever I gave thanks for the opportunity someone behaving badly on reality TV can provide to asses one's own imperfections.

Everyone is a human being, whether you like them or not, or agree with their religious or political views, actions, preferences or proclivities. I give thanks for my Human Writes experience for reminding me to separate the deed from the doer..and for these two articles to show that even official doers may be beginning to renounce these deeds.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-26450088
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-26542991

And finally I'm grateful for being a little livelier the last couple of hours. Late afternoon and early evening tend to be my best times...well as long as I've not done anything earlier in the day of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics