Friday 7 March 2014

Sofa love

This morning I was grateful for a bit of get up and go...and got up and got on with some sorting out. Then, because I wanted to go out this evening, when I hit a fatigue wall at lunchtime I decided to spend the afternoon in extreme rest...no chores, no crafts, no internet, just a little light catch up TV and snoozing. At first it seemed I'd made a bad choice of programme, watching the Hoarder Next Door while my flat is mid-reorganise (and looks to me rather messy), but I was grateful for the reminder that I'm not actually unhealthily untidy or unhealthily attached to stuff...just unhealthily tired. And I promptly fell fast asleep to prove it!

I give thanks for these real life stories when people are loved anyway, despite their faults and foibles. (There's absolutely no reason why they shouldn't be of course, but when someone doesn't love someone else they tend to pick faults and foibles as a reason.) It is great to see the relief of family members and partners though when the hoarders are persuaded to love cupboards and skips!

I give thanks that I've finally woken myself up and am, very slowly, moving in an outwardly direction. It can be dreadfully hard to motivate yourself sometimes when there's only yourself around, but as I'm failing to provide my voice for the choir's performance I do think I should offer my presence in the audience and my entrance fee.

I give thanks for the lemon sky over the saxe blue sea this tonight. Not a combination I'd choose to put together myself but nature can do any palette she chooses with aplomb. I'm grateful the concert is not far away and only for a couple of hours long and soon I can be back loving my sofa...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics